Maersk Transport & Logistics IT are in the process of strengthening the application & software development team with focus on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and lowering time to value of delivery. Maersk T&L IT is building an internal agile development capability.
A vacancy exists for a Lead User Interface Developer with strong front-end development skills experience, working as a key member of an agile team. You will be actively contributing to the development, test & support of User Interface development within a larger team that is embracing pipeline automation & Dev Ops mindset.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
Maersk Line is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits
The role will involve:
• Hands-on front-end design, development & implementation
• Working closely with front end developers, back end developers, designers, User Experience (UX) experts, external agencies, partners and key business stakeholders.
• Bringing an industry wide, practical experience of front end development and tools.
• Working on helping to define technical standards, code reviews and contributing to an online UI/UX community
• Working closely with the development managers & technical development leads to ensure adherence to industry best practice and quality assurance is maintained throughout the development lifecycle
• Championing online industry best practice and emerging technologies within the online communities
• Working with development teams to help define appropriate solutions implementation strategies to establish a highly cohesive front-end and back-end development practice
• Travelling as needed to Maersk locations to meet up and work with development team members based abroad (e.g. Denmark, India, Spain, USA)
• Being a proactive team player who is comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Contribution to a cross functional agile team in the elaboration and development delivery of user stories
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Development of unit & integration tests across all developed components with code re-use being at the fore front.
• Actively re-factor code and continually contribute to code quality improvements
• Ensure development standards and best practices for software development are followed
We are looking for
• In-depth knowledge of front end development languages, tools and methods:
o HTML 5
•Significant experience of writing front end code to be cross-browser, cross-device friendly. A focus on Responsive/Adaptive/RESS UI development and where each is most appropriate is crucial
• Significant exposure to front-end frameworks such as Backbone, Angular, Vue.js, knowledge & experience of Node beneficial
• Detailed knowledge of modern software engineering techniques such as:
o Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
o Test-Driven Development (TDD) – desirable
o Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) – desirable
o Version Control Systems (Subversion / GIT & GITFLOW)
o Code validation and quality analysis (e.g. sonarqube)
• Solid written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel
• Able to implement solutions that can be utilised by current online and future mobile channels
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Good critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and/or functionality
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Able to review code, giving constructive feedback
• Agile software development experience
• Large Full Life Cycle project implementations
• Setting, refining and implementing UI standards
• Defining UI of online projects/products
• Industry wide experience and appetite for new and emerging technologies
• Experience within a customer focused environment
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
• Understanding the importance of real business engagement in all stages of IT product lifecycle working in both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
• Parallel front end and application development.
• Developing for componentised systems such as Content Management System (CMS), transactional, and online self-service portals is a distinct advantage.
• Development of UIs for multi-lingual websites, including Arabic and Chinese considerations.
Please click here to Apply Online