Maersk Transport and Logistics, a multi-brand division of A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision, we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world.
If you are a highly performing professional, who has a passion for driving organisational change in a fastpaced, complex environment, join Maersk Transport & Logistics to be part of our transformation and get the opportunity to shape the future of the world’s largest shipping company!
Maersk Transport and Logistics is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and other attractive benefits.
As an Infrastructure Architect within IT Support, Operations and Engineering you will have an amazing opportunity and chance to be part of an exciting journey and help influence and drive key business outcomes in support of that journey. Subject matter expertise combined with a solid business understanding will be key and you will be working in a fast-paced international environment with high calibre colleagues.
We will invest in your personal and professional development and support you in unfolding your potential. As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performance teams.
The Microsoft Middleware Infrastructure Architect is the Design Authority within the Microsoft middleware infrastructure space. This role will support a variety of projects, across on-premises, hybrid and public cloud environments.
The architect will be accountable for:
• Overall direction, guidance, and definition of the group’s Middleware infrastructure architecture to support the corporate business strategy.
• Ensuring compliance of the overall IT infrastructure to architectural standards, such as scalability, ease of integration, and portability.
• Managing creation and alignment of release plans and ensuring automation of system changes where possible.
• Developing business integration and testing approaches, including automation.
• Engagement with Production Services to understand problems with the environment affecting their area of expertise.
• Maintaining and drawing on an external network of resources (e.g. vendors, industry contacts).
• Having direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development implementation and use of IT systems within the infrastructure domain.
The architect will be responsible for:
• Maintaining reference architecture and roadmaps for their area of expertise.
• Being part of all projects related to middleware platforms.
• Keeping a good dialogue with the service owner, SME´s etc. and act as technical pre-sales and governance oversight with internal customers.
• Driving new innovations in the middleware space in close dialogue with service owners and be an enabler and accelerator of improvements.
• Architecting and designing solutions to business requirements in accordance to technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines.
• Working with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions.
• Alignment of technology to business strategy to energize business outcomes.
• Ensure technology is scalable, uses the principles of re-use, cost optimization, etc.
• Actively working with projects to improve and communicate architecture standards and design patterns.
• Providing hands-on guidance, support, and review for the creation of all technical components within the big data analytics space.
We are looking for
The candidate should have excellent written and verbal skills in English, with a university education. The employment history will include time spent in a variety of roles, covering both development and production environments, and ideally a period working for a consultancy across multiple blue-chip customer facing engagements.
Key skills required:
• 8 years background in Microsoft middleware administration and development.
• 3 years in an architecture role.
• 2 years project work with Microsoft Azure.
• Microsoft Windows Administration, PowerShell, scripting.
• Middleware automation experience on IaaS.
• Azure Web/API PaaS services.
• Service Fabric, Azure Container Service, Azure Functions.
• Project experience with SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, NoSQL, Cosmos DB.
• ESB implementation experience (e.g. Microsoft Biztalk)
• Experience with middleware Cloud PaaS.
• Strong market knowledge of vendors providing middleware and related products.
• Good understanding of security across Cloud and LAN/DMZ networking.
• Monitoring tools appropriate to Open source.
Desirable technical skills:
• Windows Server Core, Windows Server Nano.
• Cloud Platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS)
• Virtualisation: VMware (including vRA automation, NSX) and Hyper-V middleware/technologies across the stack)
• IT knowledge of storage, networking, AD, VMWare/ESX.
• Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
• Storage performance (local, SAN, NFS, Cloud storage)
• Product and Vendor Evaluation (contribute)
• Sound business acumen
• Excellent communications skills
• Keen sense of ownership
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Ability to multi-task at a high level
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Basic level of project management
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Sense of urgency
• Willingness to travel (limited)
Please click here to Apply Online