The Maersk Group is a diversified global conglomerate with activities mainly in shipping and energy industries. It employs roughly 121,000 people, and generated 59 billion US dollars in revenue in 2012.
As a Group, its business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, approach to sustainability and drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the Group’s continued success and future growth.
We are now recruiting for an ambitious, accomplished and dedicated Database Solution Architect who is interested in joining in its transformation journey.
Working as part of the IT Engineering and Solution Architecture team, you will act as subject matter expert within Oracle or Microsoft SQL, working closely with projects and the technical community to ensure each requirements-based solution is designed and implemented in accordance with enterprise guidelines, standards and best practice.
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, Maidenhead, Charlotte and India.
• Works closely with project teams on their designs to ensure effective translation of the solution architecture into solutions across multiple environments (VMWare private cloud, MS Azure public cloud, Oracle Exadata) and technologies (Windows, Linux, SQL, Oracle, MQ, etc.)
• Architecting, designing and building solutions to business requirements in accordance to enterprise application and technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines Work with other architects to evaluate new technologies/trends and recommend changes
• Act as subject matter expert in the database space including, but not limited to, Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL and all associated tools
Project/pipeline planning. Working closely with Architecture, Engineering, Service Management and Project management Office
• Identify and create required documentation and engineering patterns to drive Database delivery processes and automation.
• Being part of the solution architecture community established across all Transport and Logistics verticals and horizontals; keeping up to date with the relevant areas of Solution Architecture
We are looking for
• At least 3 years of experience in a global distributed organisation within a Development, Engineering, Operations or Technical Delivery function
• At least 3 years of experience managing and supporting Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL database technology platforms
• At least 3 years of solution architecture/technical architecture experience, from requirements gathering through to design and delivery.
• Previous roles might include Database Technical Analyst, Database Administrator, Database Architect, Solution Architect or Technical Architect with Database focus.
• Proven experience with administration for Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL; Troubleshooting and resolving platform and/or application problems, Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting techniques
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) options for Oracle database services (RAC, Dataguard, Golden Gate)
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) options for Microsoft SQL services (availability groups, failover clustering, mirroring, log shipping)
• Experience in implementing operational automation using industry standard scripting techniques and tools
• Experience working with Linux, Unix and Windows server 20xx
• Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure at an administrative level
• IT Standards, Process and Procedures (ITIL/Security)
• Project/Task Management (Project models), Risk Management, Resource Management
• Knowledge of usage and administration of additional MS SQL server functions (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) is preferred, but not essential
• Excellent communication, documentation and collaboration skills
• Ability to multi-task at a high level
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of ownership
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to influence and persuade
Please click here to Apply Online