Inspire Youth Zone is under construction in Chorley and is due to open in Spring 2018. Attracting young people from across the borough and beyond through its fantastic facilities, the Youth Zone is a registered charity and will provide positive activities and practical support, with the aim of enabling young people to make constructive use of their leisure time and raise their aspirations. The Youth Zone will be open seven nights a week, at weekends and during school holidays.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a brand-new team, in a brand new £4.8m state of the art facility to engage young people with an exciting programme of activities!
You will develop and deliver an exciting sports programme of activities which will engage young people aged 8 – 19 years (up to 25 for young people with disabilities), and direct line management for sports sessional workers and volunteers to ensure young people receive a high-quality service. You will oversee the climbing wall, boxing gym, fitness suite, sports hall, and MUGA pitches and be responsible for continuous improvement of the sports delivery at Inspire.
You will have:
• Extensive experience of delivering sporting activities to young people and engaging vulnerable, disengaged or hard to reach young people in sports activities
• Experience of managing a staff team, including volunteers and of working in partnership with external sporting agencies
• An activity or sports leadership/coaching qualification, with excellent communication skills
• The ability to motivate and engage staff, volunteers and young people with a demonstrable strong commitment to young people and as working as part of a team
Closing date for applications 10th November 2017
Interviews 20th November 2017
How to apply
To apply and for more information, please go to the vacancy page on our website:
Accessed via our website, please complete an application form and email to email@example.com, together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please provide the following information:
1. Details of your current or most recent remuneration package;
2. If you are currently employed, your notice period;
3. If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence, please provide the details in strict confidence.
We request no contact from agencies.
Inspire Youth Zone are committed to the safeguarding of young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.