To work with the team at Shepway Sports Trust to contribute to the successful delivery of school sport across the district. You will be lead coach for a number of school and community-based sport and physical activity sessions.
1. Support the School Sport Manager to deliver the ‘Shepway School Sport Package’ effectively, including competitions, events, sessions and activities such as; School Games and SST Competitions, Sports Fusions, Olympic Roadshows, Fun Factory and other sessions as directed.
2. Support the Projects and Volunteer Manager to develop and implement the ‘SERVES’ project in partnership with the Tennis Foundation and Kent Refugee Action Network.
3. Act as lead coach at our Shepway Sports Trust Holiday Camps.
4. Act as lead coach at a variety of Shepway Sports Trust ‘Active Community’ sessions.
5. Be responsible for the effective delivery of an equipment and kit hiring system. Develop and implement a system whereby SST team members have to sign in and out to use pieces of sports equipment to ensure equipment is returned on time with no damage or loss caused.
6. Support the School Games Organiser at school games competitions and events.
7. Coordinate and deliver the Shepway Sports Trust elite and development leagues.
8. Support the School Sport Manager to undertake various admin tasks, as instructed.
9. Carry out risk assessments and risk management for all assigned duties, and comply with all health and safety policies.
10. Be committed and enthusiastic to uptake any further training opportunities that are offered.
11. Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the aims of this project and the level of this role, as directed.
How to apply
To apply, please submit an up to date CV and a covering letter (no longer than 2 sides of A4) to Laurence on firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you are a strong candidate for the role. As we are currently recruiting for more than one position, please remember to state which role you are applying for at the beginning of your covering letter!
Please submit your application no later than 5pm on Wednesday 22nd November. Interviews will be held the week commencing 27th November.
For an informal chat about any of the roles, please contact Laurence Hickmott on 01303 764280.
For access to the full job description and person specification, please visit; http://shepwaysportstrust.org/about/work-with-us/