To be responsible for all coaching sessions with a particular squad within the Foundation Phase, which falls in line with the Coaching philosophy, vision and values of the Academy and the Club as a whole.
To work closely with all other coaches in particular the lead phase coach for your age group
• Must live within 35 miles of Oxford
• Member of FA Licensed coaches club
• UEFA B coaching qualification
• FA Youth Modules (working towards)
• FA Safeguarding & BFAS
• Current DBS
• Responsible for planning and delivering the technical and tactical coaching programme for your respective age group in line with the coaching syllabus.
• Coach and manage your respective team matches, both home and away.
• To liaise with all key Academy personnel when planning and arranging coaching sessions and matches to ensure the appropriate support is in place (e.g. sports science, medical, recruitment, education, etc.) and that the timetable fits with all other Academy activities.
• To evaluate players learning from coaching sessions and matches and ensure that the relevant information is recorded fully on “The Football Squad”
• To conduct group, unit and individual video analysis sessions if appropriate
• To be fully responsible for the safety and welfare of all players under your care
2. Player Development and Progression
• To compile performance reviews, in line with the requirements of the EPPP, and deliver feedback to players and parents both formally in meetings, and informally as required.
• To compile a formal report of conclusions and actions following the performance review meetings and ensure that these are recorded on The Football Squad.
• To liaise on a regular basis with the Foundation Phase Lead Coach to ensure that the needs of all players are catered for.
• Monitor potential safeguarding children risks and work with the Academy Safeguarding Officer to promote safer working practice throughout the Academy.
• Understand the Academy Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines. Use this understanding to ensure safer recruitment, safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an Anti-bullying environment.
4. Other responsibilities
• To ensure that The Football Squad System is kept up-to-date in all matters relating to your team.
• To keep the Academy Foundation Phase Head Coach fully informed on all matters relating to players in your age group.
• To be aware of the EPPP rules and requirements relating to the Foundation Phase.
• To attend staff meetings as required.
• To attend games in the Foundation Phase as required.
• To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development.
• To continually look for ways to develop and improve our coaching programme in the Foundation Phase.
• To attend at least 5 hours of in-service training organised by the FA each year and the first aid training for Academy coaches at least once every 3 years.
• To undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to Jonny Edmunds – (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
Please note you will be required to provide proof of all relevant certificates and qualifications. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Oxford United Football Club is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity within our own organisation, and to encourage a similar commitment from every other organisation we deal with.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence:
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted