Purpose of the Role
The Marketing Intern will support the Marketing and Communications Team in meeting our commercial objectives for the year. In particular their time will be focus on developing local and grassroots relationships to drive event entries as well as supporting with the delivering of various marketing campaigns and initiatives.
• To contact local businesses / sports clubs to develop grass-roots relationships within local areas for a number of events
• To grow and develop relationships with key local stakeholders e.g. councils, community groups and tourist boards
• To support fulfillment of advertising creative
• To respond to social media enquiries and update social media posts and ads to support the marketing for events
• To support on the Human Race sports clubs loyalty program
• To seek out and generate new contra-marketing partnerships with relevant businesses and other bodies
• To lead event listings management on partner and other sport websites to help drive entries
• To support with copy writing for marketing opportunities
• To build relationships with sports shops and distribute flyers to businesses, gyms and clubs
• To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
• To draft and distribute press releases and support with hosting media events
• With the Marketing Managers and Executives
• With the wider Commercial Team, particularly the Marketing Director
Skills and Experience Required
• Good organisation skills and time-management skills.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing.
• A commercial thinker
• Personable, passionate and a good networker.
• Interact courteously and effectively with partners, local businesses, participants and staff.
• Educated to degree standard
• A creative thinker, confident with expressing opinions and generating new ideas
• Attention to detail
• Goes the extra mile
• Motivated to achieve
• Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage.
• Copy writing
• Networking / building relationships
• A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Photoshop would be a bonus
• A love of sport, particularly running, cycling, triathlon, and an energetic disposition.
How to apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org