Maersk Line, the global containerised division of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world. Maersk Line offers a competitive salary and good benefits package (details dependent on working location).
Maersk Line has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, IT is an area where our top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in. In Maersk Line IT, we actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
Maersk Line is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
salary: up to £35,000
The Capacity Analyst will work with Application Managers and Business Analysts to translate the functional requirements into specific capacity adjustments to support changes in application functionality.
Working with stakeholders, effectively plan that new capacity is added just in time to meet the anticipated need but not so early that resources go unused for a long period.
Key responsibilities include:
• Act as interface to the business; includes collecting and forecasting input for quarterly capacity plans, agreeing on capacity initiatives providing the business with trends, arranging focus group meetings, etc.
• Evaluate performance and prepare plans for capacity procedures and provide support.
• Coordinate with various departments and perform all capacity planning activities.
• High level analysis on all development plans for production and ensure compliance to all customer demands.
• Use performance models and plan capacity effectively. Ø Manage and maintain all system parameters.
• Assist finance departments and prepare plans for all demands for various departments.
• Maintain all performance capacity reports and statistics for management.
• Provide assistance to analytical design of systems and forecast all resource capacity requirements.
• Assist in developing various new functions, analyse capacity processes to identify improvements, create new and modify existing ones.
• Manage all key system metrics and provide support to all ad hoc reports and dashboards.
• Ensure compliance to all guidelines and ensure optimal utilization of all resources.
We are looking for
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure.
• Degree in IT or mathematical subject.
• Basic knowledge of X86, Linux, MS Windows Server, DB’s are required.
• Knowledge of storage is desirable
• Previous experience with capacity management is desirable.
• Ability to communicate with the business.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong analytical mind set.
• Good sense of ownership and organisational skills required.
Please click here to Apply Online